Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 6

Ah ha! Maybe some thought because I waited so far into the day before posting that I have failed in the diet. Ah contraire! (If that's spelled wrong than I confess right away I don't know French.) However, I cannot say that I was perfect yesterday. It was actually much like the day before. You see, yesterday was the first day since my actual birthday that my entire family was together. So my sweet wife did a 2nd birthday party for me, and cooked an entirely new dessert--a German chocolate pie with caramel and coconut and pecans and...Well, let's just say I skipped one of my meal packets and...you can probably guess the rest. But still, much like the night before, it was likely not a major sin. Or so I thought until I weighed myself this morning. AGAIN! I WEIGHED PRECISELY THE SAME AS THE DAY BEFORE!!!

Actually, I thought I was going to weigh a half pound MORE. But then I took a shower. And I must have had a half pound of total grime and scum on me, because when I got out of the shower and weighed myself again...well...I was back to what I had weighed the day before. I was trying to think of exactly what I did on that first day (two days into the diet) and weighed myself to discover that I was 6 and a half lbs lighter. Did I run a marathon that morning? Did I have swine flu? I don't recall any of those things...so it's just one of those weird weight things that haunt all dieters who obsess over what the digital scale might read. And obsess I do.

However, today, thus far, I am perfect, with no plans of cheating in the least. Cheating is very bad for me psychologically. So I have to start doing this thing 100%correctly. Am I still hungry? Yes. Am I suffering at the moment? Yes...but not as badly as Day 3. And not as badly as Day 4. Maybe it's getting easier. Maybe I'm getting into the groove. But in any case if I can get through tomorrow I can claim to have reached a major milestone. ONE FULL WEEK.

I look forward to that success with great anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment