Saturday, September 26, 2009

Eat Your Hearts Out!

Well, not literally. That would be bad for any diet.

But I have to ask, do I still have any supporters?? As of today there are apparently 13 people who visit this blog, and yet very few offered words of encouragement regarding my floundering diet. Oh, for sadness!

Eh, all right. I'm guess I'm really not that concerned. Aftar all, a diet is a private thing. Maybe I'm mostly writing this blog for my own use and purposes. But I am happy to report that I had a very successful day of dieting yesterday, and so far so good today. I feel a resurgence of confidence. I'm not even going to muddy that confidence by whining about how "hard this is" or how "I just might fail tomorrow" or bla, bla, bla.

Fact is, I'm back on track. And I deeply hope that my success continues.

Prepare yourselves for the "incredible shrinking man!"

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! I look forward to your great success! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there and keep focusing on your successes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely still think you can do it! People are constantly changing creatures so what you don't do one day, you CAN do the next. If you fall off the wagon, it'll still be there when you get back up. It's great that you keep going. I got gall stones and I'm only 26 so after that kind of pain I just saw unhealthy food for the puke-worthy deception that it is. I don't know if that's helpful or encouraging but I hope it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele, I am an impatient person, so my objective is to lose the dang weight and THEN instill the kinds of lifestyle changes that you mention. I would love to hear from you regarding the pattern of "small changes" you steadily made into habits. Email me directly at cheimerdinger@gmail.com. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris - you can do a combination thing between what Michele said and what you're doing. I think that's where I am actually and this is the first time in my life that anything has worked consistently. Mostly it's because I lose almost every single week, so the motivation to continue gets renewed regularly. You know?

    You obviously need to do what works for you, but it really does help to make some of the "diet" changes permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want you to succeed at your diet, but i REALLY want you to finish Tennis Shoes 11! i can't wait for that book!

    ReplyDelete