Thursday, September 10, 2009

Funny story...

Yes, it's so funny. He, he, he. So there I am yesterday at about ten minutes after 5:00 PM, broken and forlorn because the mean Mr. UPS did not come, meaning I would face another day of going off my diet. So, in a state of sadness and dejection (which was only assuaged by the pure joy I felt that I could eat FOOD!) I began to happily binge on banana bread and leftovers.

When low and behold, at precisely fifteen minutes after 5:00 PM, Mr. UPS man drops a package at my door. Yup, precisely five minutes after my binge began. Unbelievable. But what is truly amazing is how much food I was actually able to consume in that five minutes. So there I am, with a full stomach, staring at my Optifast package and thinking (you guessed it) "Well, since I've already BLOWN IT for today, what does it matter? KEEP EATING!"

And that's exactly what I did. At least I had the good taste/sense to realize that for what I decided would be my FINAL meal--after the final meal (notice I didn't put that in caps) that I had over a week ago--I went to the Cheesecake Factory with my wife and completed my binge with Chicken Madiera. Perhaps the only bright spot in the story is that I was so stuffed that I didn't order any cheesecake.

Okay, that's my funny story. Not so funny. So what's the story today? You can see the time on this post, right? It's late on Thursday night--a day after my food arrived. And yes, I have successfully dieted today...so far. It really is an incredible feat. I have NEVER succeeded at this diet after failing so heinously. I have never gone more than three days without heinously failing again. Do you know what kept me from eating today? This silly blog. Yup, I didn't want to confess my utter failure on this blog that I created with the specific motive of celebrating my success.

So messy as this diet has been so far, I am, for now, back on track.

Let's just see what the next 24 hours brings.

1 comment: