Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mr. UPS Man

What is this? Day....I dunno. I lost count. And there's a very good reason I lost count. Over the weekend I made a silly miscalculation. I ran out of food.

What I mean is, I ran out of Optifast protein packets. I reordered on Thursday before we left. But my food only lasted until Sunday. A very, very sad thing. Which means...I am loathe to admit...I went totally OFF the diet for two whole days. That's right. I went back to eating solid food. And I was not very disciplined about it either. Oh, my wife tried to help, but it tasted soooo gooooood! It was a stark reminder to me that unless one remains disciplined on this diet for at least two months, their hunger pangs are going to rule them entirely, and they will find themselves utterly lacking in self-control.

In fact, truth be told, I'm not sure if my food is going to arrive today or not. I'm anxiously awaiting the UPS dude in hopes that he will deliver my miracle powder. If he doesn't...I shudder to think of it.

See, I did manage to set aside enough packets (five a day, remember?) to last yesterday and with one remaining packet for today. I had actually hoped that the UPS dude would arrive on my doorstep yesterday. But it was not to be. According the l'il airbill number and the UPS website, the package is due to be delivered today. But nothing yet.

So I was back on the diet full bore yesterday, but today is another question. I suppose I could start a fast? Hope that it arrives tomorrow? But that would be sort of a mockery of fasting since I haven't started with prayer or a purpose or anything else. MR. UPS MAN MUST ARRIVE SOON!!!

It's extremely difficult to go back on this diet after one has gone back to solid food for even one day. Frankly, I consider the fact that I survived yesterday a miracle. If I make it through today, it's even more of a miracle. But if that food doesn't arrive, what choice do I have? Either I'll become miserably hungry and do something unhealthy by not eating at all...or I'll have another day of failure.

I'm lookin' out the window. Where is Mr. UPS???

1 comment:

  1. Chris,

    Whenever this happens, instead eating really unhealthy, or starving yourself, wouldn't it make sense to eat healthy food? Some good choices that should help you with your diet are...

    Raw Fruits & Vegetables

    Plain or natural Oatmeal

    Dairy products and other foods high in calcium

    Raw nuts

    Apples

    Fish like Salmon, Tuna, and Sardines

    Adding spices like cayenne peppers, cinnamon , garlic, and hot mustard to meals

    Lean proteins like fish, baked poultry, and whey protein

    Resistant starch like navy beans, Bananas, Potatoes, Lentils, Oatmeal & Wholegrain breads



    I believe that if you want it hard enough, you can do it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete